Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Newest Family Member One Month

I have taken a long hiatus from blogging, but I’m back, and committed to posting my monthly blog about Adelina’s first year. So here is the first post…(a little late for the first month, but here it is...)

On March 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm we welcomed Adelina Montero Larson to the world. She weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 20 inches tall. She was scheduled to arrive by c-section on April 2, 2011, however, true to her current personality she is not going by anyone's schedule but her own. The past month has been a time of adjustment for all of us. Bryan and I are adjusting to our new sleeping schedule or lack there of, and Mason is adjusting as well, now having to share us with his new sister. All in all, Mason is being a very good big brother, showing his helpful, playful and caring side. The only time she has really annoyed him so far (and she has many, many years to continue to annoy him) is when he was watching a show and Adelina started crying. He shouted out to her, "be quiet, I can't hear". Over the past month we have been told that feature wise Adelina has changed a lot, although it is hard for us to see since we are with her every day. She is still just a newborn so not much else to report on Adelina, she eats, sleeps and poops. About a week and a half ago she hit a first milestone and started coo'ing . Bryan was able to take three weeks off of work, which made adjusting to Adelina much easier. Mason got to keep his play dates with his friends, and I got some good bonding time with Adelina. Bryan has been back at work for two weeks and things are going well at home. Adelina has joined Mason and I on the playground circuit and thanks to our good friends it has been an easy transition with two kids.

Her one month check-up stats... 21 1/2 inches, 9lbs 3 ounces
Until next time...




No comments: